Sunday, August 5, 2012

Husband's Delight

This past week I made "Husband's Delight" a meal that I made often when Darryl and I were first married, that is once I learned to venture out beyond the box. Since I have not made in a long time, I thought it would be good to make again. Guess what? It is still good and the dish was empty at the end of dinner. I looked for it online so I could put on my Pinterest Board “Recipes I’ve Tried and Liked”, but all the ones I found were different than the one that was given to me, thus this blog. I wished I could remember who gave it to me, or where I found it, but that little piece of information has completely escaped me.
Husband’s Delight
1 pound of ground turkey
2 cans of tomato sauce
1 ½ tsp. Salt
1 ½ tsp. Pepper
1 ½ tsp. Garlic Salt
1 medium onion chopped
1 container of Weight Watchers Whipped Cream Cheese, softened
1 8-ounce carton of fat free sour cream
1 8-oounce package of elbow or penne noodles
Grated Cheese
Cook noodles according to directions on package. Brown meat in skillet. Add tomato sauce and seasonings to the meat and continued to heat on medium. In a separate bowl combine chopped onion, cream cheese, and sour cream and mix well. In a baking dish layer cooked noodles, ground turkey mixture and top with sour cream mixture top with grated cheese and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Serve with salad and French bread.
It kind of looks gross, but it is creamy yumminess = comfort food!
We had a salad and French bread with the Husband’s Delight, but since we received some monstrous sized home grown tomatoes from family in Shawnee, I decided to try another Pinterest receipe as a side dish. It is called Cheesy Tomatoes that was pinned by my friend Heather Dorsey and they were yummy too!

Proverbs 5:18 says: "Let your fountain be blessed,
         And rejoice in the wife of your youth."
for she makes Husband's Delight and Cheesy Tomatoes.

So the Bible doesn't say the last part about Husband's Delight and Cheesy Tomatoes, but it does instruct men to delight in their own wife, and let him be very fond of her, not only because she is the wife that he himself has chosen and he ought to be pleased with his own choice, but because she is the wife that God in His providence appointed for him and he ought much more to be pleased with the divine appointment, pleased with her because she is his own. Let thy fountain be blessed and delight in the food she prepares for him. <Smile>

No comments:

Post a Comment