Wednesday, February 12, 2014

OKC Thunder, Morgan Freeman & Bass Pro Shop



If boys skipped, these two would be skipping. Bumping in to each other and laughing (not giggling) is the boy form of skipping, just so you know. My brother and his wife are OKC Thunder Season Ticket holders and they happen to be very generous; hence, tickets to the Feb 5 OKC Thunder vs. Minnesota Timberwolves game…hence, happy boys “skipping”.


But let’s not jump ahead because I want you to savor this experience with me from the moment we picked up my great-nephew RJ, Jr., who happens to be the same age as my youngest son. Their conversation started off all business-like, you know talking about the weather and how they found out they were going to the Thunder game. Next, as I was driving, I heard a distinctively smooth, deep, familiar voice, to what I thought, what is Morgan Freeman doing in my backseat? No joke, for a moment I thought I had been transported in to the Evan Almighty movie and God Himself was speaking audibly to me. However, reality came to life, when the voice said, “Hi. I am Morgan Freeman.” Once “Morgan Freeman, a.k.a. RJ” started mimicking Morgan Freeman there was no shutting him up, he then begins to narrate my driving skills! 

They each have the gift of making each other laugh. I don’t know if I told you this, but if you ever visited my house, while Jayden was a toddler/young child and you are a funny person, you were probably warned not to make Jayden laugh too hard. When he laughs hard something weird happens…okay something gross...he throws up. Well RJ made Jayden laugh so hard, I thought he was going to barf and Jayden made RJ laugh so hard, I thought RJ was going to bounce through the roof or break a chair.

As you can see their gift of laughter in full action.
Then the conversation went to Diary of a Wimpy Kid, WWF, Teen Titans and Minecraft…and then we arrived. This is when the “boy version of skipping” occurred, I was practically running to keep up with them. Then one of them farted; that was the end of it! I had to demand to lead the way, no flatulent back draft for me. Just so you know, girls don’t fart, we toot! At least that is what Heather Dorsey’s Haidyn taught me.

We finally arrived and parked and began our trek to the arena and boy did I get my exercise in trying to keep up with these boys. We were going to take the elevator but there was a wait and they did not want to wait so we walked, climbed stairs, walked some more and climbed more stairs. I think I got my exercise in for the day. We stopped and took a few pictures and did the Thunder Photo booth before taking our seats.





Right before halftime the boys wanted to get their caricatures drawn. Once the artist finished the masterpiece, the first response came from RJ, “I look like a gurrrl!” and “Jayden you look fat!” “I don’t like it!” “Don’t put that on Facebook! I don’t want people liking it!” to “Don’t show my dad!” Jayden said that is the purpose of Facebook is to get likes and be popular. Technically, this isn’t Facebook, like I have said before this blog is read only by eleven people, maybe twelve. My first thought was caricatures from Fat Albert. Every time I look at this picture, I laugh so hard!

Hey...Hey...Hey!
When the Thunder Girls came out RJs hands went up to his eyes, he said they had cooties. They probably do, but I don’t think he would have got them from the 300 section; but I am glad he didn’t even want to look. Jayden didn’t care to look either; he had more fun trying to pull RJs hands down.


RJ has really long, healthy hair and I am pretty sure I seen many women coveting it. Once we made it to our vehicle we ended up sitting in line to get out of the parking garage at least 15 minutes before I could escape to the north end of the garage where the line is practically no line. Once out RJ declared he needed to go to the bathroom. Jayden said, the one thing he always gets asked; why didn’t you go before we left? He said, I didn’t know it was going to take so long. So I asked can you wait or do I really need to stop and he said, STOP! Stop at Bass Pro, I know where they bathrooms are in there. It was 9:56 p.m. I said, I don’t think they are open. He said, yes they are! Stop! So Jayden and him ran up and talked the guy in at the door in letting them in to go to the bathroom. Jayden said the guy asked where there parents were and fortunately for RJ, Jayden said out in the car and he didn’t give him some crazy fictional story which he would do just for fun.

I could have given RJ an Academy Award for his impersonation of Morgan Freeman. You should ask him to do his Morgan Freeman impersonation for you it is quite amusing. I am sure many of us have wondered or thought does God's voice really sound something like Morgan Freeman's voice. While God has given Morgan a great voice, I personally doubt he sounds like the Almighty. I know from scripture that God’s voice is much more powerful. Did you know that by His voice the deer give birth? And strips the forests bare? (Psalm 29:9) Now that IS crazy powerful! And He is my Father!

3The voice of the Lord is over the waters; The God of glory thunders; The Lord is over many waters. The voice of the Lord is powerful; The voice of the Lord is full of majesty.

Psalm 29:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment