Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cured of Fresh Mixers

ALERT!!! ALERT!!!! This is a friendly warning provided by an oops-forgot my lunch today coupon-sucker friend. This meal is one reason I am thankful that Homeland only doubles the first coupon; otherwise, I may have ended up with a pantry full of these “Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers”. The fact that this meal was only pennies does not help the taste at all! In fact this meal could be used on Fear Factor it is so disgusting.


I love the Chicken Linguini with Red Pepper Alfredo Healthy Choice CafĂ© Steamer, but the “Fresh Mixer” was one of the WORST meals I have ever eaten, including MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) and now I know WHY I like to cook, not to mention that it is a WHOPPING 8 points! While 8 points is certainly an acceptable point level for a meal, its costly if that meal is nasty. If you are on WeightWatchers like me this is a great reminder to always check your point value before buying and especially consuming even if it says "Healthy Choice" or any other deceptive tags and photos that Marketing people use.
This ONE is Good.

After the first bite I should have thrown it away, but I could hear my mother’s warnings that a child in China was starving and would love to have that meal. So I dredged through the process bite by bite like I did at home when I was made to eat my veggies and clean my plate.

Not only was my mom’s voice ringing in my head, but my husband’s voice saying, quit brining home processed boxed food. I don’t care how cheap or free they are. I wonder if this is what James meant by falling into various trials?

Well after that “Fresh Mixer” experience I confess I am cured. Healed.

Really, I am. I have given away my processed food coupons and pledge only to use coupons for needed health and beauty items and food items that I will use to cook with, not heat and eat processed foods.

Which means - I have to cook. I love to cook, but cooking takes planning and preparation. And TIME. The one resource I lack the most. So the other option is eating out. Our family’s goal is to eat out only one meal a week. We don’t always get to stick with it, but it is a rare week if we eat out two meals. How about you? How many meals do you eat out a week? And if I may - one more question, what food or restaurant beckons your name every week?

No comments:

Post a Comment