Friday, April 5, 2013

One. Week One. Effective Immediately.

One

1.
Week One…Starting Over. One week ago today I was told I was being reappointed to a new position after 18 years, 3 months of working with very humble, caring and giving group of people who are known by many as servants. Saying good-bye to a program and people that I have grown to love and which I have invested so much in is difficult, especially since it was not by my choice. The news came unexpectedly and of all ways through an email from someone who sat only a few steps down the hall. Reassigned. New Supervisor. New work. Effective Immediately.

I am thankful.
I am, really. I may not agree with the reassignment. I may not agree with how I was informed, but…

I am ready.
At least I think I am ready. If I have learned one thing over the past two years it is God does not want me in places of comfort. When I am comfortable, I tend to forget the God of Comfort. When I am comfortable, I tend to get lazy. When I am comfortable, I get bored and I am boring!

The Lord has been preparing for me for such as times as these and I choose to trust Him. I will not live in the land of uncertainty and what ifs, because my God is a Solid Rock. He does not shift and waver like the ocean, He is faithful and does not change. His covenant is of life and peace. His thoughts toward me are thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give me a future and a hope. I choose to trust Him.
This first week was not even a full week since I was home sick the first three days with the stomach flu. Ugh, very flattering, I know! I really thought I was going to go meet my Jesus! My blood pressure dropped so low the first “hospital” didn’t want me, then my blood sugar spiked up, they could not find my pulse. I am so glad they did not start pounding on my chest. But thank you Jesus, I am alive! I thought I would never eat again; but my appetite came back like a tsunami. I do believe I am on my way to a full recovery.

The next two days (yesterday and today) was visible proof that I need to learn a lot of new things to be successful in this new job. One thing is MS Excel. I am praying for wisdom to the God who gives liberally and without reproach. I am praying for strength because I am already weary. I am praying for the LORD to show me new things that I do not yet know. I am praying to see the LORD magnified. Week one down.

“Your eyes shall see, And you shall say, ‘The LORD is magnified beyond the border of Israel.’” Malachi 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment