Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Napkins for a quarter? What a rip off!

I’ve become a stranger to my own blog. It’s been since December 5 that I have had the opportunity to sit down and write and I am not even working right now! Well not technically. I am still doing my best to stay up on emails just so that when I return to work in January I don’t have to call in the Geek Squad.

My “bloglessness” is certainly not due to lack of content to write about but because I have been working on getting myself promoted. I know that sounds horrible, it does to me anyway especially since God has been working so hard on humbling me. However, in my line of work, we are required to have on file an updated CV, CV Summary Sheet, an Officer Statement and a Reviewing Officer Statement. In addition we have to maintain readiness for deployment, which requires maintaining annual physical fitness standards, up to date immunizations, online courses and anything else they decide they want us to take on. Well I am happy to report that all is complete and now I have to just fax in to Headquarters and wait to see if I will gain the ranks of Captain.

If I would have blogged I might have blogged about:

  • How hard it was to get motivated to complete my promotion items.
  • Eraser burns
  • The battle whether to remove my acrylic nails or keep them going.
  • Being haunted by the “Do you dream in chocolate” commercials.
  • How I love how my husband keeps me grounded in what is right.
  • Answered prayers

This weekend Darryl and I were reminded of an upcoming parental responsibility that is coming sooner than we realize and that is the differences between boys and girls.

So we went to the BX to do some Christmas shopping and Jayden needed to go to the bathroom. I don’t like him going in the men’s bathroom alone, so I took him into the family restroom. While we were in there, Jayden exclaimed, “That is a rip off!” I asked, “What?” while I was washing my hands and he replied, “A quarter for a napkin!” I wanted to laugh so hard, but I maintained and agreed, “That is a rip off!” He went on to ask, “Are you going to pay a quarter for a napkin?” I said “No, I think I will just use one of these free ones.” Whew! I managed to wimp out of explaining what kind of napkins cost a quarter; despite the trauma of my chest pains...for now any way.

I know real spiritual stuff, but trust me God reminds me in the ordinary day to day items of my daily need of Him. Of His wisdom. His Word. His mercy. Grace. Love. And all though I am not worthy of any of them, He has granted me by His divine power all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3) Great and precious promises! That little ole’ me can be a partaker of His divine nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment