Saturday, February 5, 2011

Part Rancher - Part Money Saving Queen

As I traveled home from work yesterday evening there was a guy standing in the middle of I-35 in the median, waiting to finish crossing the interstate. While we have lots of snow and slush, people still drive fast and it was rush hour – I wonder how long he stood there before he actually made it across. Even more so, I wondered why he didn’t walk over the bridge to cross over the interstate. Gee, maybe that would be the smart and safe thing to do and Oklahomans don’t always pick smart and safe. When I see things like that I keep wondering, here it is Saturday and I wonder if he made it, I guess it is the public safety and injury prevention side of my brain that keeps me reflecting on that image.

However the stupidities of people don’t keep me from my sleep. I slept hard last night, waking up energized and boy am I glad because I needed that as I faced a day of shopping, which requires great skill and agility when facing 50,000 other stir crazy sufferin’ from cabin fever Oklahomans, these people are serious about gettin’ their eggs and milk. Darryl drove and I tucked and rolled out the passenger door and into the stores. We make a great team!

We spend the day sloshing from store to store with pants legs tucked into our boots, cashing in coupons and replenishing our supplies. I felt part rancher and part money saving queen with my jeans tucked into my cowboy boots and toting my coupon box. We got a lot of good deals, but the purchase I am most excited about is a love story…Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by the Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond.


I actually didn't mean to wear my pants like this, but once I stepped out in the slosh I was glad I did!

Shopping can work up a mighty appetite so we went to Sandro’s in Norman, this time to try something other than the pizza. I had a chicken dish, Jayden pizza and Darryl a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich and they were deeeelish! I highly recommend the pasta and sandwiches. Pizza. Well my favorite still is Pizza Hut, but the pizza at Sandro’s is good too. You should check it out, the owner is super friendly, great food at a great price but don’t go on a Sunday, they are closed. They are on Main Street in Norman right across the street from the high school. Let me know if you do!
Chicken Sandro! Enough for two meals or two people! We say it is better than Olive Garden.
Darryl's Philly Cheese Steak Sub, that I personally thought was better than those from Philadelphia.
Any way I say cheese whiz doesn't belong on sandwiches.
I love Saturdays and working from home, not just for the comfy clothes and PJs but because I get to spend time together in prayer with my husband. Today was no different. First thing is first before starting our day and that is stepping into the throne room of God. Have you been there? It is full of love, compassion and mercy! Today as my husband prayed he thanked our Heavenly Father for the snow. I know most people are tired and complaining and are dreading the next storm expected to roll in on Wednesday. There are pleas for summer, sand and sun; but you won’t hear my husband complaining. He truly exhibits the life of Christ, not for show or pats on the back, but because he truly has opened himself to be controlled by the Spirit of God. He loves me as Christ loves the church. He is content, rejoicing in all things, and always points me to Christ even through the Snowpocalypse. As you look at the white snow may it turn your thoughts to the glorious news that though our sins be as scarlet because of Jesus they are white as snow!

1 comment: