Monday, May 2, 2011

Two for One Deal

I went to Denver and came home to my son needing some summer shoes. We went to Academy. First we tried flip flops, but none fit. They were all too small. Then I spotted these shoes but the size I needed was the very top box. We got an employee to get it down for us and guess what? They didn't fit either! The employee said the next size up is in the men's. Gulp! Did she say men's sized shoes for my precious little 8 year old? This automatically made Jayden's chest pop out and swell with pride. Something is just not right about my baby wearing men's shoes! Of course, this was the topic most of the day. I kept saying "this just isn't right" and Jayden just laughed.



I am so excited that Moore is becoming pedestrian friendly! This is news to blog about! Jayden and I took advantage of the new sidewalks and the great weather on Saturday and rode our bikes to the snow cone stand, then we took it a bit further to Blockbusters. The entire time Jayden kept saying "this is so much fun". I think he said it like 20 times and it was fun plus great exercise. I did wake up a tad bit sore. It was great fun and I am so glad that I took the time to take a ride with Jayden on Saturday, because obviously he is growing up fast! After all he is in men's shoes! Gulp...Sniff...sniff...


Jayden asked me, "Mom, why did you marry dad? Was it because he is funny?" I told him, "No I married your dad because he loves Jesus so much and it shows in his life every day. And yes because he is funny too." Jayden said, "Oh kind of like a two for one deal? Like when you go to a garage sale and get an item for free?" Yeah, that is exactly it! How was your Saturday? Mine was full, fun and refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment