Monday, May 9, 2011

Worst Mother Award ~ Mother's Day 2011

Mother's Day weekend started off a bit rocky with Jayden telling me that I am the WORST mother ever because I am making him eat ONE serving of a fruit and veggie a day, making him wear shoes when he goes outside and then Darya called me "RUDE" because I left her behind when I told her "let's go" and she decided to leisurely hang out on the trampoline for another 10 minutes. Then I got the cold shoulder from her after grounding her for lying to me about where to pick her up at. Wow this mothering thing is fun!

Well it seemed only fitting that if I was going to get a mother's day gift I was going to have to go purchase it myself! So with a deep sigh off to Mardel's I went. Don't feel bad, my love language is not gifts anyway. Here is what I purchased, two things I needed a new coffee travel mug, a cute spring journal to do my Partnering to Remember plus the Francesca Battistelli "Hundred More Years" CD. The cute little egg looking thing is eos (evolution of smooth) lip balm that my big sister Gaye gave me for Mother's Day. It is 95% Organic, 100% Natural and gluten-free? Makes me wonder what is in that other 5%?


A good night's sleep and/or a lunch out after church can do alot for my children's attitudes. I would like to credit it to Pastor's sermon on "Honoring Your Mother", but I think it was really lunch out because my kids are all about the food. I wonder what that says about my cooking? Which ever the reason my offspring has forgiven me. Instead of going to an overcrowded restaurant and spending the majority of our afternoon waiting and enduring bad service we opted for some fresh City Bites. Have you tried their Razmatazz? It is their heart healthy special and it is dee-lish. It is a sandwich with Hickory smoked turkey breast, fat free cream cheese, cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, fat free raspberry vinaigrette, salt & pepper. O' my I am hooked! I need to try and recreate this at home. My kids like the decor of City Bites and one has a man eating plant that reminded us of the play "Little Shop of Horrors" that we saw at the Ford Theater in Washington, DC. Which was about a nerdish florist who finds his chance for success and romance with the help of a giant man-eating plant who demands to be fed.


Then after I feed my little chick-a-dee's, we went home to discover our Resident Tree Momma Bird feeding her babies in the nice, secure nest she had built. It was really hard to get a picture, because Momma Bird did not like us getting to close. If you look closely you may see one of the babies with it's mouth open. It was a sweet, tender moment and a reminder of that special bond between a mother and a child no matter the species.


This is my card from Darya. I thought maybe the I L Y was a confession of sorts, but no it doesn't mean I lie - it is short for I Love You. Thankful she has a sense of humor, praying that she learns from this stunt that it is always better to tell the truth. She may still get in trouble, when telling the truth but the punishment won't be as bad as if she lies too.


With her note on the back side that says: "I love you Thanks for being there and you make me food! (Smiling Face) Happy Mother's Day!" See I told you, with my kids it's all about the food.


Then on to my son Jayden's note to me that he sat down and wrote on instruction from Pastor during church Sunday morning. It reads, "Dear Mom, I love your always was there when I was sad you always love me and thank you for working so hard so we can eat and drink and get a lot of money to pay off the taxes and we can live in the house we live in    love Jayden" See more about the food! However, you can see he is highly educated, he is already aware that it takes "a lot of money to pay off the taxes".


On the way home from the evening service we had a storm roll by which left for a really cool photo op. Narration provided by Jayden, "We're not supposed to be going into the darkness, we're supposed to go into the light! Well, unless you are the Storm Chasers then you would want to go into the darkness!" He is a source of entertainment and joy for me.


For the final meal of the day, Darryl prepared a yummy taco salad for me on our finest dinnerware. Now it is back to the other 364 days of me preparing meals for my family. It was an awesome Mother's Day for someone who thought they would never be a mom! But God...two of my most favorite words...brought two loving young children, Megan and Brandon, in my life via my husband and at age 32 He blessed me with my first born Darya and then again at age 36, I was privileged to become a mother to Jayden. I am blessed to have each of these four blessings in my life but even more blessed that the God of the Universe fills in on my lack as a mother, with much, much grace....unending grace. I am so undeserving, but thankful, grateful to the One and Only Jesus who gave all...freely...for us. My heart is full of His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment