Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday Minute Memories Jan 9, 2012

Out in Blogland several bloggers do a Friday’s Favorite Five where they name five favorite things about the past week. Or Wordless Wednesdays where they just show pictures of the past week, which I take a lot of pictures, but how boring to see the pictures in my 365 Facebook Album and here, so I am introducing my own version of an once a week blog called, “Monday Minute Memories”. Will you join me in posting on Mondays some of your memories from the past week? It’s a great way to get out of your blog-slump and start posting again. Let me know if you do, I’d love to read them!

1. Starting My Fitness Pal. Which means it is a new year. What is so magical about January 1 that makes all of us want to start new things? Whatever it is I like it! Or as I heard in my staff meeting today…Winning!! I like beginning new things, because it reminds me of the truth that with God He makes all things new and for those of us who are in Christ, the old has passed away, behold the new has come! If it proves effective, I will be cancelling my online WeightWatchers subscription. So far, I like it, especially since it is F.R.E.E.


2. New color and cut. Compliments of a Chad Burton Groupon. I must confess it was a much needed service too. I know one of life's happy, temporary frivolousness. So temporary that I need about 6 more of those Groupons.

3. High School Basketball. Westmoore to be specific. This past weekend we went to support one of our youth in a basketball tournament which brought back all those memories of high school and a grateful moment that I am no longer in High School. The One Thousand Gifts book is training me to give thanks even for those seemingly microscopic items, because if we miss all the minute parts, the little things, then we miss the whole. The games were exciting and we had a great time.

4. Grandbabies. Love her. We may have a bias evaluation, but we think she is pretty darn smart. Jayden said, “Mom, I think she is as smart as a three-year-old.” This visit she enjoyed putting coins in a piggy bank. Not the Fisher-Price coins that are the size of a small saucer but actual coins.

5. Z-paks. So thankful for these meds. All last week, I fought off a yucky cold. Friday, I gave in, waved the white flag and proceeded to the doctor, today I am feeling back at 100 percent.

6. Sunday PM Nursery @ Church. I have decided the PM stands for “Priceless Minutes” not only because time with God’s little children is not only an investment in their lives, but in mine as well. No wonder Jesus instructed us not to hinder the children for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Their little minds are so pure and innocent. This past Sunday night we only had three little girls, two of them were playing house together and my teenage daughter was in the midst of them. The other little girl and Jayden were building an airplane with Legos. I thought this will be a great time to cut out my coupons from the Sunday paper. When I pulled the coupons out two of the little homemaker girls came over to see what I was doing. One little girl with her beautiful smile asked, “What are you doing? Cutting coupons?” I smiled at her correct observation and replied, “Yes. Does your mom cut coupons too?” She smiled back and very proudly said, “Yes!” Then the other girl who did not appear to be paying attention and was busy building with her Legos said, “My mom doesn’t cut coupons. She cuts potatoes!”
Happy Monday, family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment