Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Long Lost Posts of 2011

Yes, I wimped out of blogging the entire month of December.

It’s been a long while since I’ve visited the pages of this blog, so long I had to go look up my password, but if it counts I have thought about blogging often. Now that the busyness of Christmas and the New Year is over, the empty pages are calling my fingers. I don’t know if there is any merit in looking back on those half-baked posts that I started but didn’t finish, but I do think I will mention a few that I don’t want to forget.

Like the terrifying night when my nine year old son ran away from home at 10 pm at night, but thankfully the police found him safely, but to our shock it was approximately four miles away from our home. Scary.

The day God physically confirmed in my heart, mind and soul that my husband and I are truly one flesh.
The joy of watching God using my husband to minister to the youth and college/career kids at our church. I know what a gem I have in him, now others are seeing the heart he has for God too.
Youth & College/Career Christmas Party
The day I learned that my dad has melanoma and myeloma cancer.

The excitement of Darya’s science fair project being selected for districts which I failed to get a picture of her with her board. Bad...bad...momma!
Not all condiments are created equal

My annual Black Friday shopping experience this year with Terri, Brittany and her sister Mindi, and finishing up 12 hours later with my sister Gaye and Jennifer. I know you are really sad that I didn't give you all my black belt shopping tips, maybe next year.

Ready to take on the crowds!
Waiting for the BX to open
At this point Jennifer was holding me up.
Also, I should also point out I failed at my “attitude of gratitude” blog experience by only making 19 out of my 30 posts. That's what happens when you have lots of cooking and baking to do, family meals to attend, homework to help with, gifts to wrap, band concerts, church activities, light shows to see, birthdays to celebrate, etc....etc....life to live.

Finally, I witnessed the ending of a breaking and entering during broad daylight in our neighborhood, complete with a police chase and all that it lacked was the recording of it for prime time TV.

There were other things, not major life changing things, but random things that made me want to blog. Like ketchup. Or reflecting on how life would have been different in my family if my Uncle Felix would have lived a longer life. But life happens. Blogs don’t get written. But God remains faithful.

In October 2010 I begin blogging and finished with 23 blogs. This past year I managed 77 blogs. So as I raise my shot of Nyquil for this annoying cough…here is to a new year of blogging! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment