Thursday, March 3, 2011

Inside Out - Celebrating 25 Years of Feminar - Part One

As I lay in bed this past Thursday night and anticipated my annual trek to Longview, Texas to attend the Feminar, which is a Christian seminar for females. I found myself with eyes shut and a big smile on my face praying for a Spirit-filled, Word-drenched, life-transforming, God’s-will-be-done weekend getaway. It was all of that plus lots of laughter, some shopping and of course La Hacienda.

Racing through IKEA, see the action of the soles of those shoes running?
I LOVED and wanted this LIGHT fixture! I would be perfect for my bedroom!


But instead I came home with some items for my Scrapbook Room,
a meat mallet and chip clips.
Annual lunch at La Hacienda. No manna on the menu!
However, the famous Beef Fajitas were the popular menu item at our table.
Gaye's Lunch - Poblano Al Carbon
Mesquite-grilled poblano pepper stuffed with grilled chicken and cheese.
Cammey's Lunch - Spicy Chicken Verde with a Puff Taco, that's the round thing
and it was empty...like the tomb of Jesus.
Am I making you hungry yet? My lunch - The Hacienda Ranch Chicken
Wood roasted grilled chicken breast topped with sour cream sauce, Monterey Jack,
grilled onions and mushrooms. Served with grilled vegetables and Spanish rice.

Started out with some Phillips, Craig & Dean "Here I am to Worship"

Bob & Janet White being honored for their vision of starting Feminar 25 years ago.
Some more Phillips, Craig & Dean "Mercy Came a Running"
Somehow I missed getting a picture of the comedian Jeff Allen,
so instead we bring you our tribute. Jeff's best advice, "Happy wife = Happy life"
Lysa TerKeurst (Proverbs 31 Ministries)
I loved Lysa's black and white top, but I loved her message she delivered even more. I don't know if you have ever heard her story, but you can go here to read her story or visit her blog to see how and what she is doing now. The short of it is God told her to adopt two Liberia orphan boys from the Liberian Boys Acapella Choir. She said yes and from her act of faith and obedience 14 other families in her community has adopted 31 more children from that orphanage. Her story has been on Oprah and she announced at the Feminar that Dreamworks is making the story into a motion picture and it is being turned into a Broadway Musical. Plus, her friends and her won a cruise getaway because they designed the winning t-shirt. It said, "We left our 57 children at home with their dads". Blessings do indeed follow obedience! Her scripture focus for this first session was, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” (Matthew 5:8)

During this first session, Lysa shared a cute story about her “new” family, which consist of three biological daughters and two adopted Liberian boys. A lady had come up to her and her children, pointing back and forth between the children and said, "Oh I get it...two different dads." One of her little girls with hands on hips replied, "Let me susplain it to you...when my mom was pregnant wit my bruthers she drank chocolate milk."

She closed this session with challenging us to allow the Messiah Jesus Christ to mess with us. The first four letters of Messiah is Mess, so if we will allow him to mess with us, to interrupt our lives, to disrupt our comfort so He can change the world through us.

Caught a glimpse of the Sandra's! Some how through the droves of women
I missed catching up with Michelle Rosson
I think she may have been seeking out bridesmaids dresses.

Found these girls hanging out in the balcony.


No comments:

Post a Comment