Thursday, March 10, 2011

Therapy Appointments Cheap! Get yours today!

Yesterday was one of those days that you just hope to get through the day with all your hair still intact. Work was overwhelming and I guess it was evident because Jayden, my eight year old grabs a notepad and pencil and sits down in the chair next to me and asks, "So tell me what brings you to therapy today?" No joke! I love that kid, he brings me such joy with his witty comments. So I "played" along and told him that I was overwhelmed at work. I had lots of decisions to make and then he told me, "hold it right there" scribed something down on his pad and looked up at me and said "carry on". I told him I wanted to escape to a beach and get lost in the sand. Again I was instructed to pause and then encouraged to "carry on". Before I knew it I was in a real therapy session with my 8 year old. Cracking up! Laughter truly is the best medicine!


After my session, he left and came back with my diagnosis and treatment plan. I will decipher for you.

Dione. Patient 930 lost all power she think she has no time for herself she just wish she could go to the beach and disappear in to the stand she is dumb (this was his diagnosis) she keep forgetting thing she has decision she has to make and doesn't know which the right one she has stress work. Her order 1# she wants a Cheese Burger with onions (this was his treatment plan). He then cut it out made me initial in TWO places and then he signed his name, Dr. J on the back.

Today he informed me that he only charges $10 an hour and that people love him because they always come back! I am so very fortunate to have my own therapist, you know working for the government you need one!

Last night we worked in the nursery at church. There was alot of testosterone in the room, it seemed like all I said all night was "keep your hands to yourself, no pushing, no running, no kicking, etc..." So we went out to the gym and ran off all that energy. When we came back in Darryl read a book to the boys and they all loved it!


Next Jayden entertained them with Red Light/Green Light and Simon Says - for some reason they didn't like the quiet game. Check out those moves below!


Then when I came home today this is what was waiting for me IN the driveway!


Which is my 5'5", size 9 shoe - 12 year old going on 30 holding her proofs of residence so she could go enroll in Junior High! Could someone just find me a big rock to go hide under for the next six years? I'm teasing of course! I would not miss this precious time for nothing!

Yes, I know that isn't a trumpet, but I failed to get the picture with the trumpet.
I am real excited for Darya as she signed up for band. The students were all very helpful and encouraging to the new students helping them to decide what instrument they would like to try. Darya started out with the flute but it was overwhelming that her instrument is the trumpet! She was able to play it well. I think it is all those blowfish faces she used to make growing up that strengthened her lips or it could be her farting noises she blows out at her little brother. Either way she has that buzzing sound down!


Hannah, Marley, Cameron & Darya
Darya enrolled in Honors Geography & Science, plus Band. She is going to sign up for volleyball and basketball as well. Look out Junior High there are some very excited girls ready to make some memories!


Our tree is in bloom, which means Spring Break is just around the corner! Last Spring Break we were trekking across our Nation's Capitol - this year we are sticking close home, doing some spring cleaning, remodeling and discovering Oklahoma!! If you need a therapy session, please book with Dr. J he is really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment