Saturday, March 12, 2011

Today I think...I know it's a dangerous task for me.

If you blog, do you ever think I should blog about that and that and…that! Then when faced with the white blank page you sit there wondering what you should blog? Or am I the only one? Today I have alot on my heart and mind and thought I would share those with you.

Today I am thinking.....about a co-worker who lost his house yesterday in the wildfires that spread throughout Oklahoma. As well as all the firefighters who risked their lives to save life and property. Also reflecting on the devastation in Japan, shocked and humbled knowing that is only a fraction of the Lord's power. Indeed. It boggles my mind.


Our new Fire Department in Moore! No. 1 to be exact. Today they rest.

Today I am thinking....about my week off for Spring Break. This time last year we were trekking the grounds of the nation’s capitol. I have been to Washington, DC at least 20 times over the past 15 years and to be able to show my family the Mall, the monuments, the museums that I have had the privilege of seeing, my favorite restaurants, and the excitement of riding the Metro was thrilling for me. I loved sharing a piece of my life with my family.

The Lincoln Memorial
Chop't Salad - My all time favorite fast food place! Darya agreed.
Jayden and I riding the Metro. Can you see the speed at which we were moving?
Today I am thinking.....how different our Spring Break will look this year. Different but not in a bad way – we will still be discovering NEW things. I am excited even though it involves Spring cleaning.

Today I am thinking.....WHAT was I thinking when I decided to sign up to “coach” YMCA Volleyball. My volleyball skills and experience come from family picnics, where you feel like a star even though you aren’t. Can you believe they gave me a bright orange shirt that says “COACH” on it? I wear it proud even though I’ve been replaced by a teenager coach. Gladly replaced I must proclaim! Our first game was a bad news bears kind of game and in a matter of minutes between our next game, my new teenage coach (Amanda's sister) taught the girls some simple techniques and much improvement was seen in game two, can't you tell by the smiles on those girls?



Today I am thinking.....July 24 could hurry up and get here because the new Target opens in Moore!

But today more than anything I am thinking......about the promises of God. Last July God begin preparing me to face trials. Preparing my heart. My mind. My faith. Over the past nine months He has been faithful to secure His love for me within my heart, mind and soul. He has increased my faith. He has been faithful in letting me know that perfect love cast out all fear and because I am perfectly loved I need not fear what is to come. Finding security and comfort in His sovereignty. Confident that He is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that I could ask or think and because He is good and works all things together according to His will for my good and for His glory. Because He never fails I can rest in the midst of uncertain times. God is working in many ways in our family and I hope soon I will be able to share the unabridged version of His greatness. His power. His love. Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment