Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Love Tank is FULL

Thursday I came home and this is what I saw...


No, not that the door is open but a clean, swept garage.
It may be a bit cluttered, but the dirt, dust and leaves
that get blown in from the Oklahoma wind, were all gone!
Then I walked in and saw this...


I know you can't see it in this picture but there are carpet lines!
Then I took a deep breath and was flooded with cleanliness!
You see my love language is "Acts of Service".
Then I went into the kitchen to start dinner and when I opened the fridge...

All clean and organized!!

And the freezer too!

Ohhhh, I get it! The Love Language class is this weekend at church! True.
However, these acts of love are what my dear husband does
for our family and me on a regular basis.
He makes my life easier; he completes me in every way!
He always does it with such a positive spirit which exhibits LOVE to me!
It hasn't always been like this though.
One time Darryl bought me a wall hanging
that had all these gushy words of love on it.
I thought what a waste of money!
I actually made him take it back.
That was the first step in Darryl learning that gifts
nor words of affirmation were not my love language!


He is my Cobbler! Using Gorilla Glue he has mended the soles
of my work shoes and therefore I feel loved and taken care of!

According to Dr. Gary Chapman and his 30 years of research
there are five love languages.
Five ways that people speak and understand love.
Acts of service is how Darryl speaks and how I understand love.
The five love languages* as defined
by Dr. Chapman in the NY Times Bestseller The Five Love Languages are:
1)  Words of Affirmation
2)  Quality Time
3)  Receiving Gifts
4)  Acts of Service
5)  Physical Touch

*No, money is not a love language.
On the Love Language website you can take a test to see what your
love language is if you don't know.


When we first read The Five Love Languages about 10 years ago,
we learned so much that we purchased the one for teenagers and children.



These are our friends. Michael and Yamarie.
I love them! See her big lips match her big beautiful eyes!
We also got to sit next to Rigo & Corrina, just so you know
they have a grudge against green beans.
Servando & Jennifer, just so you know we missed you
and you two missed a great evening of great discussions on
laundry lint, couponing and green beans!
You've probably heard of stacking coupons,
but have you heard of covered and smothered coupons?
Ask Michael Pigg.

Darryl also cleaned out our laundry vent, which I thought was the same thing as the filter. Obviously it is not. He also cleaned the oven, which I am thankful for because otherwise it would never get cleaned. Did you know that you just have to turn it on to self cleaning and it does most of the work for you? Darryl also went shopping for me at Target on Friday...hold your breath....with coupons! I was so proud of him. He is also a great handyman fixing many things on our vehicles and at our house saving us tons of money. Darryl also makes our bed each morning, irons my uniforms, does my laundry, makes my coffee, packs my lunch, starts and loads my vehicle, keeps my oil change, tires aired up, gas in my tank among many other things in short he keeps my love tank FULL!

However, the most valuable thing Darryl does for me is the time he spends in prayer for our family and me. The most important role he fulfills is being our Spiritual Leader. All of our children will tell you he is the real deal when it comes to living a life that is God honoring, he walks the talk. He is a devoted man of God, full of love and compassion; I am so blessed to have him as my husband!

A word from Pastor last night, that I wholeheartedly agree with is:
"Don't marry someone you can live with; marry someone you can't live without."
Darryl Harjo I can't live without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment