Friday, April 1, 2011

Pranked on April Fool's Day

1st Day of Pre-K
Where did the sweetness go? It vanished in the preteen years. It's days like this that I have to pull out pictures like the one above to remind me that I do love her! And indeed I do, despite her success in raising my blood pressure today to limits it has never seen. I even had a reminder that today was April Fools Day when CDR Walters sheepishly called me to inform that CAPT Turner had brought me back my Coke Zero from Claremore and in the same breath he asked, "Is this a prank?" If I would have been witty I would have acted like I had no idea what he was talking about and laughed like a school child, but I needed that Coke Zero and I don't prank about serious stuff like that!

That is CAPT Turner throwing up gang signs as he instructs us in how to
properly enter the building - it's all top secret stuff.
I should have known a prank would come from at least one of my family members today, but after working hard all day, I wasn't expecting it when I walked through the door at home. I wished Whoomp There It Is would have been playing in the background when I walked through the door to give me some type of clue what was coming. Which was this green slip of paper...


Which was addressed to the Parent(s) of Darya for ISR. Excessive talking...okay I can understand that. Disrupting the learning environment. Blood starts boiling. Disrespectful. I am ready to go through the roof. Next I thought and you want a friend to come over? Have you lost your lovin' mind? Before I could say a word she instructed me to flip the page, to which it said, "April Fools!" To top it off a teacher was in on the prank! All I have to say is they better be glad it is Friday and I have the whole weekend to recover.

Awana Guard of the Month
Wow in one week from Awana Guard of the Month to ISR to almost a grounded for life child. I shouldn't have been surprised, after all it is in her DNA. You see, her dad is a big jokester or at least he thinks he is. Well that was my prank of the day, did you get pranked today? Or are you ol' wise one who never gets pranked? I am a prank pushover walking into the trap like an unkowningly poor animal, they don't even have to use bait with me, although chocolate would be nice. See what happens when you work for the federal government too long? What's the best prank you have concocted? Or were you a victim like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment