Monday, April 11, 2011

Oh....my soul...Soul Surfer!!

Sunday afternoon after church, Darya, Syd and I
went to see the movie “Soul Surfer”.


Oh my soul!
This isn’t just a movie. It was buffet of encouragement for my soul.

Yes, it is kid friendly, a totally great family movie worth seeing on the big screen. The shark attack is portrayed as quick and is not graphic, at least according to me. However, Syd screamed and popped out of her chair. However, I think she worked herself up reflecting on Steven Spielberg’s Jaws, she probably had the music…da…da…da…da-da-da-da-da…playing in her mind every time it showed the ocean, but trust me this is not a thriller-horror classic like Jaws.

However, it is a movie about overcoming tragedy with human courage based on faith and trust in God and Jesus Christ, but it is so much more. It is about achieving your dreams. It is about what family is supposed to be about. It is about love and loving your enemies. It illustrates beautifully the importance of being rooted and secured in your faith prior to trials. It’s about determination and not giving up. It’s about having a positive attitude. I am not going to give away any details, because I want you to go see this movie, like yesterday. Yes, it is that good. But the real reason I think you should see it, is because it is a true story that will encourage and inspire you to live life right…regardless.

Honestly, it makes me swell with pride for Bethany Hamilton (the real girl, not the actress) who is obviously not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ. Please make sure you stay to read the very last credit, kudos, etc….that roll’s up. I wished it would have been the first, but it is in there.

But scrambled in this true story about competition and surfing was a spirit of courage so contagious, it ruined me. Ruined me for good. It was so contagious, I went to see it again tonight and you can bet I will purchase it on DVD when it comes out too.

Any movie that has biblical scripture, actual Bibles in it plus music from Brit Nicole, Francesca Battistelli and Carrie Underwood singing “Blessed Be the Name of the Lord”, you know it is going to be a good movie.

I love going to movies with Syd, she brings me much delight. I love her innocence. During the movie in what should have been a tender moment of kissing between a husband and wife, it was more like a horror movie complete with shrilling squeals and lots of squirming.


Look at my sexy prom date!
By the way, I take my popcorn everywhere!

This is Syd on the way home from Soul Surfer.
We just saw road kill and because she is squimish
she squealed and jumped knocking most of the popcorn
all over my vehicle.



See...all over my vehicle soooo....


when she got home she swept it out to feed the birds.
She is a sweet girl.

Syd always willing to play for me.
I love her!
Have you seen Soul Surfer yet? If so, did you love it like me?
What was your favorite part? I had several but I'd love to hear your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment