Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wind-Chills



You may know or you may not know, but I bought my sister a 365 Journal and gave her the 365 Journal Prompts and told her to get after it! I am such a bully! I also asked her when she wanted to share something here on this blog that has a whopping eleven followers to send it to me and she could be my second Guest Blogger! If you are wondering who was the first guest blogger that would be my chatty son Jayden. If you are interested in that blog you can read it here.


Without further ado, I present to you my sister’s first blog entry "Wind-Chills" on Whatever Wednesday Writings.



When I picked Alexis up after school yesterday she was in tears. I asked her what was wrong and her reply was. "The kids in the gym said there's a wind-chill!" I asked her if she knew what a wind-chill was. But of course she didn't. I explained to her what it was and she calmed down for a bit. And then proceeded to tell me about the fire drill they had at school and also being in her class in the dark. This conversation lasted the whole way to the doctor's office to meet her Mom.

After I dropped her off I received a phone call from her teacher who told me all about Alexis being scared during the lock-down drill and then the fire drill. I'm thankful for a teacher who cares enough for her kids to let parents/grandparents know about things like that.

After returning home from the doctor Katy was able to talk to her about wind-chills, fire drills and lock-downs. We learned that she thought wind chills were tornadoes.

It got me to thinking about all the children that were effected directly and indirectly by the May 20 & 31 tornadoes. With springtime coming up the schools are practicing for tornado season and I'm sure we'll be dealing with many frightened children.  Will you join me in praying for the children and teachers?

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

~Philippians 4:6-7 AMP

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dione! My name is Cameron and I had a question about your blog and was wondering if you could help me! I greatly appreciate it and look forward to hearing from you soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cameron: I am not sure I can answer your question, but I will certainly try

      Delete