Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Forrest Gump and I have this in common...

God has given us legs that need braces. Today, I have had my ump-teen visit with another Orthopedic Doctor. Guess what he said the same thing all the other docs have said about my knee. I think they have a conspiracy. Their plot is I need a total knee replacement, but I’m awfully young to need one, but there are no other options, they must rebuild me. On Monday, November 1, I will become the bionic woman!

Dr. Kirkpatrick spend time with me today as any good doctor would telling me the same things the others have, in fact he said, “If God intended us to have metal knees he would have given us metal knees. This knee won’t be as good as the knees God makes, but it will make you feel at least 85% better.” I think I like this doctor! Not because he tells me I will be feeling better, but because He knows my Creator!!

So here is an x-ray of both my knees, obviously the one with the hardware in it is the one getting replaced. I’m not sure if you can see but the space between the joints is different sizes. He said I basically have no cartridge remaining, what I do have left is floating around, basically bone on bone, bone spurs, severe arthritis, baker’s cyst and a worn out ACL. Since I have had two ACL reconstructions and I have no cartilage left, they only option I have other than to live with the pain is a total knee replacement.

Check out the Dr. Kirkpatrick's "Ipad"!

I left the office with a ton of emotions running through me, but mainly fear. Fear of the surgery, pain, anesthesia, blood clots, infection, the list rambled on and on in my head. Then I got a Holy Ghost slap! I started turning it over to God in prayer, knowing that my God did not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind (2 Tim 1:7). That perfect love cast out all fear and I am perfectly loved! Before I was born…every day of my life was recorded in your book (Psalm 139:16). So I casted all my cares on Him, because He cares for me (1 Peter 5:7), once I got my focus straightened out, the peace of God flooded over me.

So back to Forrest, my brace-brother, I remind myself what his momma told him, “If God intended everybody to be the same, and he’d have given us all braces on our legs.” So I choose to rejoice in all things, even this.

No comments:

Post a Comment