Thursday, October 14, 2010

My computer has a grudge and I’m okay with that!

Today, I enjoyed the day off of work. I had great plans to get things done, top of my list get this blog up and going. That shouldn’t be too difficult of a task especially when you have a friend like Jordan Lewis. Who has her own beautiful blog, but today was a test. Not a blogging test, but a surprise test! Don’t you love those? Surprise! A test!! It was a test in contentment. I had beautifully designed and created a blog banner, picked out a background and arrived at Jordan’s place with coffee in hand, ready to bring it all together in one swooshing movement, kind of like the Nike swoosh…just do it! Not only did it not swiftly come together, but the blog background is still mocking me today.

Instead, we spend some sweet, sweet time together in prayer. Praying for needs of real people going through real life struggles. Praying to be useable instruments for God’s use and His glory. Praying for hearts to be encouraged this weekend. Praying…praying...praying, we prayed for many, many things all in the midst of the Disney channel playing softly in the background and a two year old with needs. Isn’t that amazing? It was to me! Being a mom of prayer takes exceptional focusing skills. Well let’s face it, being a mom takes skill!

After prayer, we discovered my computer has a grudge against me. Seriously, it does not want to allow my background to flow freely to the top of the page, for some reason, probably because it knows it bugs me, it decides the background should start about 1/3 of the way down and not at the top. So remember the test? Could I be content with a messed up looking blog or was I going to go to High Hill and back to fix it? Well, if you know me, I went to High Hill…but I didn’t fix it. Go ahead and laugh, I have. After all laughter is good medicine, no Forrest Gump did not say that it comes from the Living Word…”A merry heart does good, like medicine” (Proverbs 17:22)

Gee-whiz, when will I learn that it is not about perfection, but about direction? Well, here I go again, count me failed in the contentment test today, because I probably sat there a good two hours trying this and trying that to make that stinkin’ background begin at the top and not in the middle of the page. Jordan was smart, she started on something with purpose, with a final outcome and that was climbing Mt. Clothesemore. I finally quit focusing on the imperfection of my blog background and accepted the fact it is a lot like me, imperfect and it is going to be okay. Maybe one day God will send me an HTML Angel to help fix it, until then it shall remain and I will move forward blogging imperfectly. Knowing that it isn’t about perfection, but direction; afterall, it is functional and I did finally get some sweet time with my sister Jordan!

No comments:

Post a Comment