Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Would you like some buttery flavored, chocolate covered crackers with that whine?

Warning: This post is obnoxiously nothing but rambling. I recommend reading it when you are trying to go to sleep, it should work better than counting sheep.

Woke up fighting allergies this morning and ending it fighting knee pain. So I took a day of sick leave and stayed home and worked. Cleaned out my emails, organized my work folders, attended a Health Literacy Webinar and finished it off with a Diabetes Education Workgroup conference call. So there you go, a day of sick leave…working. I know that is crazy, but that is how I roll. I have learned from experience that even if you are off work you might as well work, because it will just pile up and you will have more work later, which means you will stay late working. The only good thing about taking a day of sick leave and working is that you get to “see” your family, you can wear comfy clothes and put your knees up!

After AWANAs Jayden declared his injustice of the evening and that is that the girl AWANA class gets snacks and the boys don’t! That is SOOOO unfair! Which means when he gets home he gets a snack! He chose mom made chocolate covered butter flavored crackers. I know I am a gourmet creator! After all I am created in the likeness of my Father and I think He did an amazing job at creating this planet we live on! Let me share with you something I read the other day in Psalms, that has stuck with me all week and I just love! It’s about the voice of God. His voice is powerful! It is full of majesty. The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars, divides the flames of fire, shakes the wilderness and even makes the deer give birth (29:3-9)! Isn’t that amazing?

Don't mind our new family members in the frames in the background. They all look the same don't they?

Back to those buttery flavored, chocolate covered crackers, I became slightly distracted by even a greater creator! Since I am a mom with compassion, I have promised snacks for his next AWANA class. I had big dreams of making something really cool that would go along with the Fall weather, like the cute little acorns made out of donut holes, with a little peanut butter spread on the top with sprinkled pieces of peanuts and a broken pretzel for it’s stem. Then after I promised snacks (the week after Dr. Carlson comes), I realized that I will be in the hospital recovery from my knee surgery. Gee, I’m good! The good thing is I didn’t tell him what kind of snack, so as long as I deliver something, I should be good. Aren’t you glad that our Father in Heaven never breaks promises? Never over commits Himself? Never has to back paddle? I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment