Saturday, January 5, 2013

January Photo A Day/Writing Assignment 1/1-1/5/2013

Did 2013 arrive quickly or what? I have managed to take a picture a day and post them on Facebook for three years. I am going to take it a step further, follow this January Photo A Day and write about them here, hopefully totally different pics from what I post on Facebook. Hoping to revive this dying blog, kind of like a writing assignment. That being said, in no particular method, I may post once a day (not likely), but will post as I have time most likely in groups but will do my best to complete this January assignment.


01.01.2013 - TODAY


Today. New Year's Day - this is the first year that I can remember that I did NOT eat black eye peas. I'm not sure why, because I love black eye peas so we will see how this year goes. It was a low key day with just going to the movies to see Parental Guidance.

01.02.2013 - SOMETHING NEW


Something New. Turquoise shutter doors, green is actually my all-time favorite color, then blue, but turquoise is pretty close. I have the set and we will be adding them to our living room wall hopefully soon.

01.03.2013 - HEART



Heart. Heart Stress Reliever. Why? I love my new journal. Why? Journaling is a stress reliever to me and I don't get to journal often. Hence, trying this photo/journal assignment for January. It's been awhile since my pen has hit paper. This journal entry:

FAITH is not believing that GOD can, it is knowing that GOD will!
What will GOD do?
GOD will:
Forgive...and forget
Love...unconditionally
Heal...and restore
Redeem...fully
Remain..and never leave
Provide...all we need
Transform...totally
Comfort...completely
Hold...securely
"My sheep listen to my voice, I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand." John 10:27-28

01.04.2013 THE VIEW FROM HERE


The View From Here. My office. Oh how I would love to have posted perfectly pedicured toenails laying on the beach with the waves crashing in behind them. A girl can dream, right? Instead my view is my boring office that I try to liven up with the Energizer Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Geeky Smurf and Rubber Ducky. However, shortly after I took this picture my keyboard stand and keyboard crashed to the floor! I hope this isn't the start of more to come because I didn't eat my black eye peas! Just for the record, I don't believe in luck or superstitions like this because "the steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord" so that does not involve things happening by chance. I prefer to look at eating black eye peas on New Year's Day as a tradition, which I sadly broke this year.

01.05.2013 - MOVEMENT


Movement. Women's College Basketball. No. 21 Jaclyn Downs, USAO Drovers - played at my alma mater Oklahoma City University. She didn't get to play until the last five minutes. In our humble opinion, she is A LOT better than those that played the entire game. She is much faster, has stronger passes, has a good shot (we witness her make a half court shot once at Westmoore) and she can handle the ball well. Being a freshman is tough in college athletics, especially when you want to play so bad and don't get to play much. Try to stay focused on your education and see the game as a way to help pay for your education Jackie! #payingyourduesyourtimeiscoming#

No comments:

Post a Comment