Thursday, January 10, 2013

January Photo A Day/Writing Assignment 1/9-10/2013

01.09.13 PAPER



Paper. I love writing on paper in blue ink. Old school, I know, with all the technology we have today, but I love the feel of pen on paper. I love the freedom of creativity in writing on paper. I enjoy mixing up my writing - all caps, printing, cursive, adding dots and icons. This is my government green journal record book. I start one at the beginning of every calendar year. I keep my to do list in it, along with notes from tele-conference calls, webinars, and meetings. This is my January 2013 to do list, nine days into this new year. When I complete the task it gets marked off or highlighted. I even write things down that I've already accomplished just for the thrill of highlighting or marking it off! For Christmas this year, I received a journal from my Mom. I was thrilled to have fresh new pages to write on, the pages are watermarked with turquoise designs.

I like to keep a journal to record thoughts, verses, sayings, or anything else I want to reflect on and remember. One of my favorites just nine days in to this new year is "The problem has been we believed in the power of chains more than in the words of our Liberator." Isn't that true? This year I don't want it to be true for me. I want to believe fully and completely in the words of my Liberator. The One who died to set me free. I am going to dare to believe and throw my chains off and let Jesus hold me, not those nasty chains. Do you see my word and definition in the background? It is even laminated, because months ago, maybe even a year ago, God pinpointed that word in my life in several aspects. To me, what that meant was write it down, look up it's definition and look up the verses associated with it, that which I have done. They are posted all over work and my vehicle and I am excited to see His truths manifesting in my life. The word? Steadfast. 'Therefore,' says Paul to the Corinthians, 'be ye steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord for as much as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.'

01.10.13 ONE O'CLOCK


One o'clock. I just knew I was going to miss this totally today. I cringed when I saw it on the Photo A Day list, but thanks to the IHS Clinical Rounds Webinar beginning at one o'clock I managed to get a picture of one o'clock today, see it on my phone? I felt accomplished today. Doesn't take much!

No comments:

Post a Comment