Thursday, January 17, 2013

January Photo A Day/Writing Assignment 1/13-17/2013

1.13.13 CIRCLE


Circle. Circle mug with fresh mint tea. Darryl and I had a rare Sunday afternoon without kids. When this happens we like to go eat so we can rub it in the kids face that we ate out and they didn't! Of course I am joking, well, half way. What we like to do is go to a new place. This Sunday we tried The Hummus Mediterranean Cafe in Moore. We had the Royal Platter, which is a combination of Kofta, Shish Tawook and Beef Kabab with rice, grilled onion and tomato and jalapeno hummus. We really liked the beef kabab. It was so flavorful. The chicken (shish tawook) was too dry for us and the kofta looked like it did not belong on a plate, but was good; our favorite by far was the beef kabob. They did have a hamburger on the menu if you don't like greek food.

1.14.13 SOMETHING YELLOW


Something yellow. A moderately painful yellow face. A visit to Tinker Pediatrics really kind of put me in the severely orange range simply because we had to wait an hour, saw the doctor for about 3 minutes to get a script for Jayden's eczema. Even more painful was the pharmacy no longer carried the medicine that works best on his eczema, which led us to an off-base pharmacy where we discovered that our co-pay had gone up 100%! Yes, that is correct 100% increase. Okay, now I am at the red face!

1.15.13 AN ORDINARY MOMENT


An ordinary moment. Ordinary meeting with ordinary folk planning to collaborate in meaningful ways to bring some extraordinary training to some ordinary people who provide exceptional service to ordinary people in our communities. Top left - Oklahoma Area Association of CHRs President Cyndi Gilks, top right Oklahoma State Department of Health Dr. David Lee, bottom left Kickapoo of Oklahoma Andi Ponce, LPN/CHR Supervisor and me! Training: Stanford University's Chronic Disease Self Management Education.

1.16.13 TWO THINGS


Two things. Two piles of clothes ready to go to Goodwill or a Clothes Closet. I was inspired to weed through my closet by a friend on Facebook. She actually is doing a Project 333 Experiments in Living with Less where every 3 months you select 33 items including clothing, accessories, jewelry, outerwear and shoes. What a woman! She posted a picture of her closet and what was remaining in there, trust me there was lots of empty hangers crying and empty space screaming, fill me up! Then she posted and said by the end of the week there would even be less! It was quite traumatizing. I was shamed out when I went in my closet, especially since I wear a uniform five out of seven days of the week. One would think it would be a relatively simple process, but I think I suffer from great depression mindset. While I didn't get anywhere down to 33 items, I did manage to get rid of two piles! It's a start.Why do I have to be competitive?

1.17.13 READY


Ready. Ready, set, go...what is this employee doing? Did she fall on the treadmill? Perhaps she was taking a nap on the treadmill? Possibly she has reverted back to toddlerhood and thinks she is hiding and nobody can see her? Actually, we had a fitness room meeting this week and were asked to begin cleaning the entire equipment and not just where we put our hands, so here is proof, look Admiral Meeks, Lindsey is cleaning the entire equipment. So this employee is actually cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment