Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days Gratitude - Day 6 - Third Day

Have you ever heard of Third Day? They are my absolute favorite Christian rock band. The band has earned 27 No. 1 singles and sold more than 7 million albums which reflect 2 RIAA Platinum and 9 Gold Certifications. If you haven't heard them, check them out below.


A reminder of Matthew 12:36-37 that one day, a day of judgement, will come where we all will stand and will give account for every careless word we've spoke, and by our words we will be justified, and by our words we will be condemned. Thankfully, Jesus is my Redeemer, my Lord forever, He is the Holy One. My Great Deliverer. My strong Defender!

There is another video on YouTube of Third Day doing a show in Tikrit, Iraq for soldiers and Mac Powell (lead singer) pulls up some soldiers on stage to play the drums and sing Consuming Fire. The quality isn't that great, but it brought a smile to my face watching the soldiers singing asking God to send His spirit.

Darryl and I got to see Third Day this past year at the Choctaw Nation Festival and their evident love for God and their rockin' songs stole a place in my heart. I've always loved Third Day, but after seeing them perform live and hearing their testimonies, I am a total fan now and can't wait to see them again. I am not sure when or if they are coming to Oklahoma again, the shows they have listed through December are all around us in Missouri, Arkansas and Texas.

Two of my favorite pictures I took of Mac Powell at the concert.


I don't know a lot about instruments but I know they switched out a lot of different guitars and other instruments which made it for an interesting show. Today I am thankful for musicians of all kinds that first have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and use their gifts to glorify His name. My all time other favorite Christian musician and performer is Chris Tomlin.He, too, shows no shows around us here and they are all sold out in to December. I will leave you with one from him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment