Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 16 - Youth

What an encouragement it was to see almost all the seats full in the youth room last night, but not only that, but to hear three students open up and share how God is working in their lives. No wonder God tells us not to give up meeting together (Hebrews 10:24-25) because it is encouraging!

While we had great plans to show the 11-11-11 Digital Scavenger Hunt results followed by Session Three of Frances Chan’s Surrender, God must have had other plans because the video/sound was not cooperating.


So proud of my husband’s pinch hitting skills and leading us in a time of review and reflection over the first two sessions. Most of you probably don’t know (or maybe you do) but my husband is temporarily leading out in our youth group at church until a permanent youth minister is hired. So while, others may be very skilled and have years of experience at leading out groups and speaking in front of people, my husband is rather new to it, but he is doing a great job and I knew he would. First and foremost he has a heart for God. Which means he has a servant's heart and not only that a heart full of love, compassion and mercy. With that said, I know he would tell you, that it is all God, but I am still proud and thankful for the opportunity to watch him serve in that capacity. There is nothing more sexy than a man that loves Jesus!
This was my bumper sticker on my Mustang when I met Darryl.




No comments:

Post a Comment