Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 15 - Answered Prayers

Wow, I am falling behind on the blog-a-tude of gratitude. I am four days behind. The good thing is each day, I spend a short amount of time writing but didn't finish the posts, so the weekend is here and it's time to play catch up! Seems like when the work week hits, I fall behind, not surprised! One thing I have learned through this little challenge of mine is that I always have something to say, but time is so limited. It has been challenging in that, my typical blog post is one I like to marinate over time and re-read and change; but, with one a day there isn’t much time for marinating the blog, so some may be a bit rough.
The days are so chocked full that some days Darryl and I barely have time to talk until our heads hit the pillows. Are your days like that too? Please say yes. This week he has shared several answered prayers with me. I wished I could shout them from the roof top but I am not sure the people we’ve had the privilege of praying for are ready to have some broadcasted, but in some time it will happen!
As Christians, we all know that God answers prayers, it is just sometimes we have a hard time because He doesn’t answer on our time schedule or even according to our prayres, but He is faithful to answer. I get such a thrill praying for someone or something and then seeing God grant that prayer. I wished I could say my faith was strong and I never get disappointed when I don’t see God answering, but the truth is I am guilty of praying for something or someone and then getting discouraged because I am not physically seeing any changes in the things I have prayed for.
I want to have that 24/7 confident expectation knowing beyond any shadow of doubt that my prayer was heard and will be answered, but even more so I want to accept without question the answers I am given. Fully trusting. After all, God says He will supply all my needs, not my wants – He is El Shaddai, “The Provider of All” and He knows what I don’t know, He sees what I can’t see, and because of that He knows what is best for me. Today I am thankful for perfectly answered prayers given to me from God. I leave you with Amy Grant's beautiful song El Shaddai.

No comments:

Post a Comment